NEWS FLASH - STNZ will be hosting Dr Aline Zoldbrod (Sex Smart) Sex Therapist and Psychologist. She will be presenting a workshop on Working with the Impact of Developmental Trauma on Sexuality and Intimacy.
Expand your conception and understanding of sexual trauma and your competence in treating it.
In this workshop you will learn to:
- Learn about different kinds of family sexual environments.
- Review literature, research and cases to illustrate how certain kinds of physical and emotional abuse, family violence and neglect can impact on sexuality.
- Understand sexual shame in a new way.
- Learn the Milestones of Sexual Development Model
- Critically consider models of “normal” male and female sexual functioning and how men and women’s sexual pleasure is stunted by trauma.
- Identify how trauma is stored in implicit memory in the body
- Understand and practice using BodyMaps to assess and treat individuals and couples safely.
- Learn new techniques to help clients heal, explore and experience sexuality and intimacy in positive ways.
DATE: 10 March 2020 8.30am (Registration) 9am- 5pm (Workshop)
VENUE: Sorrento in the Park, 670 Manukau Rd, Royal Oak, Green Lane, Auckland
COST: Early bird until (31 January 2020) $265 (inc GST)
Full Fee $305 (inc GST)
We offer a variety of workshops each year so please check this page for current courses available.
We have recently completed our November 2019 Navigating Emotional and Sexual Intimacy in which 90% of participant evaluations rated the overall usefulness of this workshop as 5/5 ! If you are interested in joining us in 2020 for this course please register your interest below
Navigating Emotional and Sexual Intimacy
A one-day workshop for therapists to train with Allyson Waite and Paula Dennan, Clinical Psychologists, Sex Therapy New Zealand
Many couples struggle to maintain both emotionally intimate and sexually fulfilling relationships in long term relationships. Difficulties with intimacy, including desire differences are a common presenting issue for therapy.
In this workshop we will:
- explore the concepts of intimacy from a developmental and relational perspective
- discuss the relationship dynamics that impact intimacy
- utilize a range of models and interventions to enhance intimacy skills
- learn how to integrate sex therapy in couple therapy
- learn skills that will help couples improve communication and closeness
- practically apply the theory through exercises and case discussion
The workshop does not require any previous knowledge and is suitable for those participants who regularly work with couples as well as those primarily working with individuals who wish to gain an understanding of couple therapy.
WORKSHOP: Date for 2020 to be advised,
Booking: Please register your interest below and go on the wait list.
Dr Allyson Waite and Paula Dennan are both Clinical Psychologists who specialise in working with couples and individuals experiencing difficulties with intimacy and sexuality. They are Regional Directors and accredited therapists with Sex Therapy New Zealand.
Ally has a background in mental health services, individual and couple therapy. Her practice is strongly influenced by attachment theory and relational models of therapy including Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples and Cognitive Analytic Therapy. She teaches in the area of sexuality through the University of Auckland.
Paula has over twenty five years of clinical experience. She teaches the Bader Pearson Developmental Model of Couple Therapy which integrates attachment, differentiation and neuro-science. Paula works from a bio-psycho-social model and values a systemic relational approach.